[ale] Keysigning get-together?

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Oct 21 18:09:57 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-10-21 at 15:18 -0400, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 03:11:17PM -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > Yep. It's been a couple of years since the last ale signing
> > meeting. I'm in.

> Awesome!

> So, when/where do we want to do this?

> We could do it like at a meeting, or for example replace the
> Switchboard with a mini-OpenPGP signing party... or we could simply
> meet up for a meal (or beer, or both!) sometime between now and the
> next meeting and do it that way.

Depending on interest, keysigning parties can be very time consuming
even WITH preparation where someone collects the keys and prints the
fingerprints in advance.  A moderate sized one (couple dozen people -
three pages of key fingerprint printouts) at the FIRST AGM meeting in
Vienna back in June took something like a half an hour and I was almost
late for the "business" part of the conference (I'm one of the voting
delegates) and they have it down to a science.  We'll need to prepare.
Who's managing the keyring and key collection?  I did that many years
ago.  Someone else has done it more recently.

> What say we?

> --- Mike

Regards,
Mike