[ale] Password standards

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Tue Oct 18 14:59:19 EDT 2011

Can't answer that but can suggest you install "expect" and use it's mkpasswd to generate your random passwords.  It has multiple flags that can be used to specify the rules used in its generation of passwords.

You can even use its output to set the password with the Linux "passwd --stdin".   Of course if you need to provide these passwords you'll need to tee the output so it saves the password to a file - be sure to delete the file after you've provided the password to users.

Also you can likely modify setup via PAM modules to make the above requirements for future password changes.