[ale] Perl or Python for editing files...

Doug Hall doughalldev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:55:55 EDT 2011

For the record, I agree with Brian. There's probably already a puppet
recipe which does what you want to do.
<http://projects.puppetlabs.com/projects/puppet/wiki/Puppet_Patterns>
Unless this is a trivial, one-time thing that will not need to be
modified, I'd look at Puppet, first. Puppet can be used not only up
front, for setting up "standard" systems, but it can be used for
maintenance tasks, as well. We install Puppet clients on all our
equipment.

Puppet has its own Domain Specific Language (DSL) for getting things
done. It executes ruby code behind the scenes, but you won't need to
know ruby.

Doug