[ale] [OT] this computer is killing me

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Thu Oct 13 14:56:21 EDT 2011

We have a saying in our house.  It comes from my wife's days working at
98-7 The Point in Greensboro and was coined by her old boss (Program
Director).

"On and gone."

Do what you need to do and be done with it...

I got sick of dealing with the stupid stuff doing it the Microsoft way
(all the way from my DOS days!) - thus my reason for ditching that
entirely for Linux.  Linux oath now taken by my family we don't have the
issues we once had.  If it absolutely, positively has to run on Windows
it is offline and/or running as a VM.  Back-ups take care of the rest
and I don't spend my life babysitting machines.

Keep it simple and sustainable.

As for the aches and pains...that's ergonomics my friend.  There's easy
fixes for that as well...fixed many times by moving stuff around; not
you moving around your stuff.

Cheers!    Rich in Lilburn