[ale] Anyone know if this is true?

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Thu Oct 13 08:58:42 EDT 2011

For me depends upon the system as to swap size, but if I plan on using
hibernation features I have swap just over the size of RAM as in 1-1/2
times as the general (old) rule that I've followed...generally a couple
of gigs for a desktop and I leave it at that.  Being as I'm only
building desktops and laptops lately I'm not speaking to servers.  An
interesting experiment is to do test installs to various system configs
and see what a given distro will do for a default installation.  I
consider this a benchmark from the developers on an "ideal"
configuration given the hardware provided.    RinL