[ale] Anyone know if this is true?

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Wed Oct 12 17:09:32 EDT 2011

I've seen a very old battery in one of my laptops go from a charge
reading of 50% to 0% in 3 seconds.  Obviously, the reading was wrong,
but there would be no time for the computer to react.  I have my Windows
computers set to hibernate at 10% battery, or 7% with an extended
battery pack.  This allows 20-30 minutes of backup run time before the
shutdown.  It also means that the system won't immediately croak once
you try to power it back up.  And, you'll have time to plug in the power
supply when you start up.  I haven't found out how to customize those
battery management settings in Linux.

Sincerely,

Ron