[ale] [Semi-OT] Networking Equipment

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Nov 30 15:49:46 EST 2011

On 11/30/2011 03:46 PM, Leam Hall wrote:
> To tie this back to the original topic, it behooves the poster to think
> through what they want to learn networking for. If it's to deepen their
> knowledge then there's one path. For resume building, it's another.

Understandable.  I just (well, for the most part) ignore the latter.  I
probably shouldn't, but frankly I don't have the money to add tons of
sets of acronyms to my "credentials".  I know what I know, I know how to
learn, and I know my way around most any computer system I can get my
hands on.

After all, nobody needs me to have a hundred obsolete certifications in
order to actually get things done...

	--- Mike