[ale] NoSQL web scaling - ot humor

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Wed Nov 30 14:12:54 EST 2011

NoSQL actually has a lot of good use in Map/Reduce workloads.

If your data has a lot of structure and _relationships_, NoSQL is...
less useful.

I've actually seen a project where they implemented a "relational"
database on top of MongoDB... It had a feature set roughly equivalent
to sqlite, and half (if that) the performance, and none of the
portability.

David

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com