[ale] PGP / GPG key uid verification from PGP Corp.

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Nov 29 23:43:40 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 22:59 -0500, Scott Castaline wrote:
> I do not have a gpg.conf file. Is that something that I need to create
> manually? What options should I normally include in this file? Options
> listed in the documents indicate that some are not supported on hkp type
> servers, is that an issue?

You don't?  That seems rather strange.  It should have been created
automagical by gpg when you first ran it.  It should be there under
~/.gnupg/gpg.conf but you might try running "locate gpg.conf".

> On 11/29/2011 02:53 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> > Just a little FYI for those of you new to PGP / GPG...
> >
> > Using gpg with --send-keys and --recv-keys you can send and receive keys
> > from the public keyservers.  You can find the settings for your default
> > keyserver in your configuration file here:
> >
> > .gnupg/gpg.conf
> >
> > You should find some lines like this:

Regards,
Mike