[ale] Server distro help

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 13:21:58 EST 2011

Hmm. I use mostly RHEL systems and given the stuff i
do/chase/break/fix/concoct/babysit/admin/design/build/etc. , the most
accurate preposition is "in".

Eg: "_in_ the LDAP server I found...", "_in_ the dogtag process there's
a...", and "_in_ apache, the config...".

Of course there's also, " there was a spark _in_ the server", " I hear a
clicking sound _in_ the hard drive array", and "_in_ the heat sink as well
as the entire system is a layer of black, semi-conductive dust".

What I quite happily have not heard is "on" as in, "the router is on fire".
But I have heard, "that part is on back order".

I've been known to work "with" great people but more usually "for" PHBs :-)
I've also been know to get "on" a rant and a soapbox. Linus complains when
I climb onto his personage :-)

Generally, I do work with, in and on RHEL systems.

Yes. fun with words!

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Mike Harrison <cluon at geeklabs.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Nov 2011, leam hall wrote:
> > My usual response to "What Linux distro should I use?" has been "If you
> > want to work *with* Linux, use Ubuntu. If you want to work *on* Linux,
> use
> > Red Hat/Fedora/CentOS."
>
> Hilariously accurate.

James P. Kinney III