[ale] emerge help

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Nov 22 10:57:00 EST 2011

I'm new at gentoo and I'm messing with rebuilding sysrescuecd with some
apps.

I'm getting this output

sysresccd portage # emerge sys-devel/gettext

 * IMPORTANT: 5 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news to read news items.

 * IMPORTANT: config file '/etc/portage/package.keywords' needs
updating.
 * See the CONFIGURATION FILES section of the emerge
 * man page to learn how to update config files.
Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N    #] sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3  USE="acl cxx git nls
openmp -doc -emacs -java -static-libs"

The following keyword changes are necessary to proceed:
#required by sys-devel/gettext (argument)
>=sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3 ~x86

The following mask changes are necessary to proceed:
#required by sys-devel/gettext (argument)
# /etc/portage/package.mask:
# fix problems
>=sys-devel/gettext-0.18.1.1-r3

NOTE: This --autounmask behavior can be disabled by setting
      EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--autounmask=n" in make.conf.

Use --autounmask-write to write changes to config files (honoring
CONFIG_PROTECT).