[ale] PGP / GPG Keysigning party... Upload your key now!

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Nov 18 10:19:52 EST 2011

On 11/18/2011 01:23 AM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> Just paste your public key into the text window or browse to a file of
> it and then hit "submit query" (yeah, I know it's kinda weird and
> confusing and it confused me the first time too).  Your key will be
> added and you will see a complete listing of the current keys on this
> keyring (currently just my two) after you go back and hit "refresh".  We
> will print out copies of the keyring for the keysigning party and you
> can then "check off" people you verify.

Okay, cool; I've added mine now.

When we get together for this, what all do we bring?  Obviously,
identification is important so that we can perform verification.  With
the keys on the BigLumber site, do we just bring in a copy of the
fingerprint for verification?  That seems to be the best way to verify
that the keys are the ones we're intending to place signatures on, right?

I will be happy to bring a small stack with copies of the keyring
printed out so that people don't have to bring their own; I can just
make sure to bring (at least) a copy for everyone who is on the list,
and probably bring a few extras, too.  I have a relatively efficient
duplexing printer and if it winds up being longer than two pages (which
it is already approaching) I'll even staple them all.  :-)

What are the general guidelines for proof of identification?  I know
that a lot of people have passports, though I do not.  Should I bring
extra things over and above my driver's license, such as bank account
records or something, or would my state-issued license be good enough
for this type of thing?

	--- Mike