[ale] Need help with a Python Script

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 21:47:02 EST 2011

Guys,

I need a mentor.  I am trying to teach myself Python. I need to create
a few script to monitor my servers.  But I am having issue with the
e-mail part of my script

What I want it to do it send me alert with the host name in the
Subject and Body, but I am either getting syntax error or when it does
work I get None.  How can I pass the hostname?

Here my script

#!/usr/bin/python

import os, smtplib
system_name = os.getenv('HOSTNAME')

SERVER = localhost

FROM = "me at abc.com"
TO = ["you at nbc.com"]

SUBJECT = "Mail from",os.getenv('HOSTNAME')

TEXT = "This message is from",os.getenv('HOSTNAME')

message = """\