[ale] /etc/hosts and caching

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 10:10:22 EDT 2011

yeah, it took me a sec to figure out why you did that, but it makes sense.
Your example shows that for that purpose /etc/hosts file changes are
updated immediately. With "immediate" being defined as sub 1 second.

I would assume there are edge cases where nscd causes issues. Not sure what
they are but with the wide spread usage of Linux there are probably some
places.

Leam