[ale] [slight OT] Electronics Recycling - Saturday, 10/29 at Decatur High

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue Nov 1 08:16:25 EDT 2011

John Pilman wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 6:01 PM, arxaaron <arxaaron at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 9:00am to 1:00pm , Saturday, 2011.10.29
>>
>> They usually set up in the parking lot on West Howard Ave. (aka Dekalb
>> Avenue)
>> at the south side of the school.
>>
>> Details here:
>> <https://thedecaturminute.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/electronic-recycling-this-saturday/
>>  >

>> Note that they have started charging $10 (cash, exact change) to recycle
>> CRT TV's, but they don't say anything about CRT computer monitors.
>>
>> If they actually don't charge for recycling CRT computer monitors, you
>> might try to convince them that all TV's are computer monitors on the
>> grounds that Amigas always included a standard video out. :-)
>>
>> peace
>> aaron
> One coming up in Acworth.
> Computer, Electronic and Metal Recycle Day
> $10 fee for computer monitors and a $20 fee for televisions
> http://www.acworth.org/acworthga/acworth-parks-and-recreation-department
> 8:00 a.m., to 5:00 p.m. Saturday, November 5.

And another in Cobb County:

Recycle old electronics and donate shoes to help the needy
Residents will have the opportunity to dispose of unwanted electronics
in an environmentally-friendly way when Keep Cobb Beautiful staff hosts
Electronics Recycling Day 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 12, at Jim
Miller Park, 2245 Callaway Road, Marietta. Many items will be accepted
at no charge, including computers, microwaves, printers, cameras,
telephones, CD players, cell phones and VCRs. Televisions will be
accepted for a $10 fee each. Items not accepted include: projection
televisions, refrigerators, washers and dryers, ovens and tires. For
more information on what items will or will not be accepted, visit
cobbcounty.org/kcb.
In addition to electronics, volunteers at the location will accept new
or gently-used shoes to benefit the charity Soles4Souls. Please tie or
band them together in pairs. The charity distributes shoes donated from
people and footwear companies free of charge to people in need,
regardless of race, religion, class or any other criteria. Since 2005,
the organization has given away more than 16 million pairs of shoes in
more than 125 countries, including Kenya, Thailand, Nepal and America.
For more information, visit soles4souls.org.