[ale] weird printer problem

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Mar 31 15:30:27 EDT 2011

On 3/30/2011 2:50 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> When you connected to the printer the first time, what did you have to
> do to find it and run a test print? Did it "just work" so it was never
> changed? If so, that's avahi.
update. I just tried printing to that laser from my desktop. At the time
I was listening to one of my FAVORITE radio shows, HANNITY, and 2 things
happened:
1. the sound on the desktop STOPPED for about 5 seconds
2. It not only dropped my VPN on the laptop, the whole wireless
connection dropped & reconnected. I just noticed the little icon come up
that says something like: you are now connected to dd-wrt, great
connection...

--
Paul Cartwright