[ale] Whatever happened to etherape?

Watson, Keith krwatson at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 31 13:07:37 EDT 2011

> Hasn't been updated in a while/ Maybe abandonware?

> James P. Kinney III
> I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.

It's definitely not abandonware.

EtherApe 0.9.10 RPM packages now available (Friday Feb 25, 2011):
http://etherape.sourceforge.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etherape

I also disagree with the comment that it has been replaced by Wireshark. Granted they are both sniffers however their method of visualizing the sniffed data is dramatically different.

http://etherape.sourceforge.net/images/

http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=255

keith

--

Keith R. Watson                        Georgia Institute of Technology
IT Support professional Lead           College of Computing