[ale] .NET considered harmful

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Thu Mar 31 11:34:52 EDT 2011

Jim Kinney wrote:

>     Spotted a t-shirt the other day, it said:
>
>     Share my work ethic, not my money...
>

> Exploitation of others for profit
> because I'm just better than them
>
> or how about:
> I never learned to share when I was two
> I went to private school on vouchers

There is a balance we should achieve here.  I fully am aware that there
are people in this world who need help.  But, the bottom line is, there
are a lot of people who are just plain lazy, will be perfectly happy
sitting back watching others work while they get their weekly check.

The bottom line is, people want to win.  People work for money, people
play to win.  Take the score away from games and people won't play.