[ale] Need some X11 (and toolkit) programming help

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Mar 29 14:29:30 EDT 2011

Very interesting problem and well beyond my few yrs of X11 programming
in the mid-1990s.  I still have the complete set of Xlib, Xt, and Motif
books here too. If anyone is interested, they could use a good new home.

I haven't a clue how to accomplish what you are seeking.   At the risk
of showing my ignorance, have you considered writing modules for each
window manager to support iconification through a callback?

If I were starting out trying to solve a similar problem, I'd look at
FVWM code and modules.
http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/manpages/unstable/FvwmIconBox.php

Ignorance properly displayed?