[ale] Old problem showing up on new bd.

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:44:46 EDT 2011

I just noticed that on boot I'm getting the following error:

amd64_edac: probe of 0000:00:18.2 failed with error -22

when I do a lspci i get for that address:

00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] Family 10h Processor
DRAM Controller

Google search of the error brings up only 3 threads that point to the
2.6.32 kernel and I have the 2.6.35 kernel. This seems to be related to
the MSI bd I now have (MSI 890FXA-GD70).

Below are the 3 links:

K8 ECC error with linux-2.6.32
<http://lists.openwall.net/linux-kernel/2009/12/15/166>

K8 ECC error with linux-2.6.32 - msg#06961
<http://osdir.com/ml/linux-kernel/2009-12/msg06961.html>

dmesg - Pastebin.com <http://pastebin.com/s3HGDtFZ>

Any points of light to look at would be appreciated. I don't have ecc
memory so I would not have it enabled which messages prior to the above
mentions or complains about it. I have already checked my BIOS in
reference to what is mentioned in the 1st link and I could not find
anything that came close to it, so unless it's now called something else
I can't do that. It also mentions applying a patch to the kernel, but
again this is to 2.6.32 and I have 2.6.35.

Scott C.