[ale] OT: Disposal of standard fluorescent lamps?

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Mon Mar 28 09:28:28 EDT 2011

On one site Home Depot talks about tubes and call them bulbs in the same
sentence:
"Tube fluorescent bulbs are ideal for large rooms or commercial
installations. They come in linear, U-shaped and circline designs, with
single, bi and 4-pin configurations. Tube fluorescent bulbs require an
electronic ballast, a device that regulates the flow of electricity."

On that same site they say they recycle "fluorescent bulbs" and don't
single those out to be CFLs.   The confusion comes in because they call
the tubes "bulbs" as well.