[ale] [OT] rant - decadence in society - DRM

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Mar 25 09:59:57 EDT 2011

HI all,

I agree with David's View, but I don't have 3 hours to type a 5 page
letter, and I'm not a preacher. However, I view my Christianity as the
baseline upon which I interpret the law, and as the baseline upon which
the law was founded. I consistently teach my child that, in any given
situation, you do the right thing, because it's the right thing. And,
that right thing is based on the Divine laws and precepts that God gave
us through the scriptures. The belief that God is watching over us, and
knows when we "sin", certainly gives one some pause when tempted to do
the wrong thing. There are many examples of legal things that are wrong
things, and there are a few examples of illegal things that are right
things, although those are very few. There are certainly examples in
history of people who violated the law because they felt it was the
right thing, and many of them were Christians. A number of our own
nation's founders come to mind, as well as Martin Luther, for example.

One time long ago, my Dad and I were having a discussion about rights
and freedoms, etc. I more or less asked him, how do you know where to
draw the line amongst different people's rights. He said "I have the
right to swing my fist around all day long, but that right ends where
your nose begins." I've thought of that periodically, and always find it
useful.

I know this is way off topic, and potentially divisive, so I'll drop it
here. I respect the rights of all the people on the list to have their
opinions, but that's my 2 cents. (There is no cents symbol on the keyboard.)

Sincerely,

Ron