[ale] How do people deal with RHEL?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 21:05:35 EDT 2011

Heh heh. I promise that I wouldn't be happier with Gentoo. I've used
it before; I prefer installing binaries whenever possible :)

On a server, I prefer Debian stable. It stays out of the way, and
makes maintenance super easy.

In other situations, I prefer Arch Linux. Most software is available
in the main repositories. When something isn't in the main
repositories, it's very likely that there is a script available in the
AUR. Failing that, creating a package from scratch is easier than on
any other distribution I've ever used.