[ale] CLEAR wireless on Linux?

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:56:15 EDT 2011

Aaron,

Have friends in a major Russian city with the YOTA network? Can they
go to a local retailer and buy the Samsung SWC-U200?
http://www.yota.ru/en/devices/modems/#427

There are Linux drivers for the chip(s) used in the Samsung SWC-U200,
and Clear assured me that this modem would work on Atlanta's network.

Also, this device will work on the Nicaraguan 4G network being
installed by YOTA. Perhaps the modem is available there. However,
installation of that network was announced about a year ago -- it's
progress since then is anyone's guess. In fact, all of this
information is about a year old, so YMMV.

H. Preston