[ale] CLEAR wireless on Linux?

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 20:56:03 EDT 2011

I have a friend who has been running Linux (Mint) on her laptop
for a couple of years and really likes it.   She needed more portable
connectivity and has signed on with CLEAR based on the sales
person's claim that it will work with Linux.  Of course, the tech
people don't actually support Linux, though they assure her that
there are Linux Gurus using CLEAR for their internet connectivity.

Does anyone know of a path to making CLEAR useful with a
Linux system??   I've promised my expertise and would be handling
the install / set-up / config for her IF we can find a method.

Any help appreciated!
peace
aaron