[ale] Pixieo (mp4) of Central MTG GPG prez by David Tomaschik available

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 21:16:01 EDT 2011

Thanks for the posting, Ron!

Your notice of the typo on the file size got me looking at what
I did previously.  My first attempt on the Warfield IPv6 was only
~365 MB.  Looks like I limited the bit rate even further for the final
and got it down to ~240 MB, and the only noticeable (added) quality
compromise seems to be that the dissolve transitions were little
more pixie-o-lated.

I'll run another encoding pass tonight and see if I can get the
GPG talk down a bit.  I'm thinking I can get it to under 500MB
and still have it readable. It's only about 20 minutes longer
than the IPv6 talk.

Doing a high quality, multi-pass b-frame encoding on my 8
core 2.4 mhz intel Mac is taking several hours - between 4 & 5
to 1 against source length.  I ran the first attempt on my PPC
dual core 2,3mhz G5 and that took about 16 hours, then the
encoder crashed in the write file to disk phase.  8^P

peace
aaron