[ale] lots of patches on Ubuntu today

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:57:07 EDT 2011

It's been infected with the "high school kissing disease - mono". Use your
system tools to remove all things mono and all things that use it and then
add them back and let the package manager pull the best choices for
requirements.

My systems here often get a large number of updates at a whack depending on
what packages are installed.

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 1:42 PM, Randy Ramsdell <rramsdell at activedg.com>wrote:

> Ron Frazier wrote:
> > Hi guys.  Ubuntu's update manager wanted to install 118 patches today.
> > I didn't notice the number before I clicked install.  As it was going
> > along, I noticed lots of it was the mono libraries.  However, there were
> > a number of others as well.  Do you guys know of any major security news
> > or something to trigger this?  Or, just normal stuff?
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Ron
> >
> it appears your computer has been hacked.

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.