[ale] thinking about trying new linux distro on my netbook, any suggestions?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 09:16:25 EDT 2011

Van Loggins wrote:
> I've been running Ubuntu Netbook Remix 10.04 on my netbook, and for the
> most part it does ok, but the netbook interface is a little annoying at
> times. I wanted to ask if anyone on the list has a recommendation for a
> good netbook friendly or netbook optimized Linux distribution,
> preferably something that is debian based.
>
> right now I'm currently looking at Linux Mint Debian or possibly the
> Ubuntu 11.04 Natty alpha

Peppermint One.
http://peppermintos.com/

it's based off of Linux Mint, but is built for speed.  it's small and
starts very cloud based although you can install local programs with ease.

it's my netbook/older laptop choice currently.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/