[ale] just installed LibreOffice in Linux, should have been easier

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sun Mar 13 22:08:42 EDT 2011

Hi Pat,

I've just been really not liking Oracle of late. I just thought it was
something I could go ahead and take care of. Silly me. I think I can use
the PPA mentioned in other posts to complete the installation on my
other PC's much easier. Hopefully, I can get the first computer to
recognize the PPA and seamlessly start auto updates, I hope, I hope.

Also, I'm on Ubuntu 10.04, which is a long term support release. I may
not upgrade any time soon, since everyone seems to say that in place
upgrades don't work properly many times. A totally fresh install doesn't
appeal to me since I've spent the past year getting this going the way I
want it. Finally, I don't know that I like what they're doing with the
Unity interface and all. I suspect that I don't. I may try it in a VM or
something. Right now, I just want to do less working on the computer,
and do more working with the computer. I'm trying to convert as totally
to Linux as possible, and I think I can get to about 95%. I have a whole
laundry list of applications I want to get done, and some security items
to deal with, some of which have been listed in other posts. After that,
I can get back to using the PC to do stuff rather than setting up the PC
so I can use it to do stuff.

Sincerely,

Ron