[ale] Canonical makes Apple look so good...

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 22:16:10 EST 2011

You still don't understand the philosophy. Why do people think devaluing
money by turning $1 into $2 through no effort of their own is a good thing?
Why are so many people so hell bent on acquiring the tokens that represent
resources? Why are so many resources controlled by so few people?  Why do
those few focus so fully on acquiring more resources? Why does the media
insist on calling us consumers? Why do people keep paying to have their
freedoms erased with software purchases. Why do people yell and scream about
waste in "guberment" and insist of all services being provided by "for
profit" entities?

I think that most people are petty, selfish,  greedy and self-serving.
Sometimes they use open source software. I suspect they do so not because of
it's quality but because of the price. Those people would shock me if they
used it because of the freedom it ensures.

There is a meritocracy aspect on open source stuff. It's also there in
business.  In open source stuff it's about learning and being your best and
it doesn't involve degrading someone elses experience.  In business the
meritocracy is all about degrading another person, business or group so your
business profits at their expense.
Another 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.