[ale] Canonical makes Apple look so good...

John Scott John.Scott at peak10.com
Mon Mar 7 13:14:27 EST 2011

Jeff Lightner said:

> I'd argue about Oracle not giving back.

I don't argue at all in terms of them giving back to Linux itself (they just don't).  They are stingy and cocky when it comes to OEL.  They seem to have one mission, as Jeff alluded to:  Own the whole stack.

They give back to the community through (in my opinion) good free software like VirtualBox.  IMHO, it beats VMware workstation handily, and you have to pay for VMware workstation.  It's hard to paint Oracle bad, in total, but it's a very true statement that they don't give back to Linux itself.

-John