[ale] Fwd: POSSCON 2011 - Columbia, SC, March 23-25!

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 23:35:20 EST 2011

Seemed appropriate to forward this to the list as requested,
though there is a registration fee for the conference event.
peace
aaron

 - Maddog, Bdale Garbee, whurley, Zonker, and many more
 - Please join us in Columbia SC March 23-25!

Dear ALE members,

Along with ColaLUG, we invite you to POSSCON 2011
(The Palmetto Open Source Software Conference)
which is a couple of weeks away:
-- March 23 to March 25 in Columbia, SC
-- www.posscon.org

We created POSSCON as a way to spread the word of the
“why” of open source, not just the “how” and “what”.

In our 4th year, we’re making some good traction in convincing
not just developers, but also business and government leaders,
educators from K-12 and universities, and students that FLOSS
is more than just software – it can become a strong solution to
many persistent problems we face in business, government,
and especially education. So this year, we’re tackling
healthcare too.

We need your help to continue to spread the word about open
source – and therefore POSSCON itself.

Please do two things:

1 – Email / Tweet / IRC the information from this email out
to as many people as you can.

2 – Please come to Columbia, SC and help us teach others
why we believe in the principles behind open source; and
also come to learn a little yourselves.

To make it a little easier (and fun), we’ll do two things:

1 – Take $20 off the already low price of $99 (=$79).
Go to the registration page at http://posscon.org/register/
and type in ‘ale’ to receive the discount.
(Please do it by March 11th)

2 – After the first conference day, join the ColaLUG for
a special reception and meeting on Wednesday night
(Mar 23) at the IT-ology offices just down the street
with guest speakers:

- whurley (William Hurley)
  – (CTO, Chaotic Moon Studios)
- Jon ‘maddog’ Hall
  – (CEO, Linux International)
- Bdale Garbee
  -- (Chief Technologist for Open Source and Linux, HP)
- Joe ‘Zonker’ Brockmeier
  -- (Open Source Author & Advocate, Dissociated Press)

? And did I mention food ?

Thank you so much for your time and interest. We’re
looking forward to meeting you. If you have any questions
please contact Aaron Griswold via the info below. If you’re
looking to meet up with the ColaLUG, visit their website at
<http://www.colalug.org>, or contact Ben or Shay at
<colalug at gmail.com>

Aaron Griswold
Marketing Dude | POSSCON,
Palmetto Open Source Software Conference

aaron at posscon.org | www.posscon.org

Twitter: @POSSCON |Twitter: @thegrizzwolf

803-348-3798