[ale] Arduino Locally

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jul 27 14:03:03 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 13:39 -0400, David Tomaschik wrote:

> You'll obviously need a few discrete components as well (capacitors,
> resistors, and transistors from the schematic) but the base arduino +
> protoboard shield should do it for you.

My junque box is well stocked!  I'm proud that I have most of all that
with the exception of the Arduino of course.

My plan is to implement the proto and test it.  I will then lay out the
PCB in Eagle Cad.  Submit to BatchPCB and have a few made for some of
use CW ops around town.

I used a K1EL during a recent special event and loved the keyboard.
However, his latest offerings are not small like the original keyer was.
They also have LCD and obviously more expensive.   On top of that, I
can't change his product like I can with this.  I can even have it key a
beacon by changing the code.

I'm also a better programmer than an electronics guru so the Arduino
solution fits me better.

Chris