[ale] Dual Boot Windows 7 & Fedora 15

Brandon Antone brandon.antone at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 14:29:42 EDT 2011

I have a laptop with 500GB storage space.  I initiated a Windows 7 install
first but it failed since the DVD I had of it was corrupted.  Onto
installing Fedora.

During the install of Fedora I created an Extended Partition for /boot and
the LVM which would contain /home / and /var.  I initially set the
bootloader on /boot on the Extended Partition, but of course it was not able
to boot from the Extended.  I should have known that.  I later put it on one
of the partitions I allocated for Windows, I believe the 100MB partition
that is created for a Windows 7 Install and I was able to boot into my fresh
install.

The problem I'm having now is that I am unable to boot from CD it seems.  I
tried with Windows 7 and a CentOS DVD I have.  Nothing.  I checked the BIOS
and the DVD-ROM has priority to boot first but it isn't...it goes to grub
almost immediate.  I can't perform an install if I can't do that.  Is there
any way to resolve this?

--

Brandon Antone