[ale] Cheap wireless adapter find

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Sat Jul 23 22:24:24 EDT 2011

Thought I'd share a recent find at Fry's:

http://www.hornettek.com/pcaccessory/index.php/wi-fi-usb-dongle/ht-2223bk
Hornettek Wireless LAN
High Power 802.11b/g USB Adapter
USB 2.0 I/O for Win | Linux (2.6.6+)

I know this isn't a frilly piece of h/w but it was a kewl find for the
price (about $13 if I remember right).  If you frequent Fry's they are
found back on the wall directly above/behind the 2-1/2" HDDs by the CSR
counter.  They are on a hanger mixed with other stuff and not found with
the rest of the NICs or wireless h/w.  I literally stumbled on them and
found them handy to add to the tool kit...even handy around the house.

In a world dominated with devices dedicated to Windows, it was
refreshing to see something of a wireless nature geared toward Linux.