[ale] Drupal: Open Source Content Management

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:13:28 EDT 2011

Many things in the event category like RSVP and some functionality of CCK is
missing/broken

Specifically working to implement functionality similar to evite but without
the followup selling of email addresses to spam lists.

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 1:41 PM, David Tomaschik
<david at systemoverlord.com>wrote:

> Drupal 6 will be supported for security and bugfixes (no new features
> in core) until the release of Drupal 8, which is believed to be
> "sometime" in 2012.[1]  Is there particular functionality from D6
> modules you're looking for?  Most of the significant modules have had
> D7 releases for quite a while now...
>
> David
>
> [1] http://drupal.org/documentation/version-info
>
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Many thanks for the talk and good intro to drupal.
> >
> > How long until v6 is pronounced dead? Many modules are not ported to 7
> > yet...
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 7:58 AM, David Tomaschik <
> david at systemoverlord.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Thanks to all that came to hear me speak last night -- I felt like it
> >> was a great turnout.  I hope it was informative and useful to most in
> >> attendance.  If you have any constructive feedback on my presentation
> >> or presentation style, feel free to email me off-list -- I always
> >> welcome input.  Slides for the talk are available here:
> >>

> http://systemoverlord.com/presentations/drupal-open-source-content-management
> >>
> >> Also, a big thanks to Aaron for all he does to organize ALE, get
> >> speakers, record video, and everything else he does -- I'm not sure
> >> that's vocalized enough.
> >>
> >> --
> >> David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
> >> System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
> >> http://systemoverlord.com
> >> david at systemoverlord.com
>

> --
> David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
> System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
> http://systemoverlord.com
> david at systemoverlord.com

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky