[ale] Linux Webcam (for Skype)

Bob Toxen transam at VerySecureLinux.com
Wed Jul 20 18:18:30 EDT 2011

I got the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000 for $78 at MicroCenter (I don't
belong to Sams Club and it was worth the extra $30 to deal with a good
merchant).

The test mode works (where I see my own video) and I can receive video.

Unfortunately, on an actual call the other person does not get video.
My own image during a call (small lower left portion of my image of the
other person) shows as white or a red pattern.

I've shut down other memory- and CPU-intensive applications, e.g.,
browsers.

Yes, I've configured it to send video and the other person is configured
to receive video.

Any advice?

THANKS!!!

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]
Quality spam and virus filters.

them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond where
the shadows lie...and the Eye is everwatching"
-- The Silicon Valley Tarot Henrique Holschuh with ... by Bob