[ale] [OT] Laptop Battery Worth It?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 12:09:12 EDT 2011

Kind of light on the ram there, Jeff. I was hoping for at least 512GB and 36
hour battery life running flat out. 10Gbe would be nice.
On Jul 14, 2011 11:35 AM, "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner at water.com> wrote:
> I once heard a laptop manufacturer's rep say the specs most users have for
laptops is 4 x 8 core CPUs, 20 TB disk space, 10 GB ram, a full size
keyboard, a 21 inch monitor and oh, by the way, make it way only 4 pounds.
:-)

Chesser
> Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:13 AM
> To: Mike Harrison; Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts
> Subject: Re: [ale] [OT] Laptop Battery Worth It?
>
> My new 17" laptop weighs in at 6.05 pounds.
http://www.amazon.com/HP-g7-1150us-Notebook-PC-Grey/dp/tech-data/B0051OLWHU/ref=de_a_smtdAs
I said earlier, I got it at staples on sale for $447 or $449. I have
had
15" laptops weigh more.

> Damon Chesser
> dchesser at acsi2000.com
> damon at damtek.com

Harrison
> Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:06 AM
> To: David Tomaschik
> Cc: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts; Mike Harrison
> Subject: Re: [ale] [OT] Laptop Battery Worth It?
>
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2011, David Tomaschik wrote:
>
>> I can't imagine carrying around an 18.4" laptop. With my current ~7lb
>> laptop and all the accessories I carry, my laptop bag is 15+ lbs on a
>> regular basis. Adding another 3-4 lbs would not be a welcome change.
>

> I travel quite a bit, that rig has been to S. Africa, S. America,
> and multiple Caribbean islands, having a huge bright crisp display
> has allowed me to be productive, or zoom and share an interface with a
> room (small) full of people without a projector. Worth every ounce.

> Scanned by IBM Email Security Management Services powered by MessageLabs.
For more information please visit
http://www-935.ibm.com/services/us/index.wss/offerfamily/iss/a1026954

> Disclaimer: This electronic transmission and any attachments contain
confidential information belonging to the sender. This information may be
legally protected. The information is intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient or
receive this message in error, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking of any action in reliance on or regarding
the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Please notify the
sender immediately if you have received this information in error.

> www.acsi2000.com

> Proud partner. Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
>

> Please consider our environment before printing this e-mail or
attachments.

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential
information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of
the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply
immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and
delete it. Thank you.