[ale] [OT] Laptop Battery Worth It?

david w. millians millia at panix.com
Wed Jul 13 17:02:04 EDT 2011

On 7/11/2011 2:03 PM, David Tomaschik wrote:
> If I were to replace the laptop, I'd be inclined to go with the Dell
> Vostro 3350 (in a Core i5).  13.3" screen, Core i5, 7-8 hours battery
> life, for $689 shipped.

For my money- and I know I'm weird- I just can't see spending more than
about $500 on a 12" netbook. Plenty of battery life, plenty of
horsepower for stuff I need when out and about, and usually you can get
one for about $400. At $100 per year, that's pretty good. The size is
just big enough, and the weight is still small. And if it dies- well,
it's $400.

But I'm weird, and don't really have to have that much umph anymore in a
laptop. It's not like I'm going to edit video on it, or compile the OS
from scratch. :)