[ale] no user/password fields on gnome logins screen

John Heim john at johnheim.net
Tue Jul 12 12:55:03 EDT 2011

No, I'm not running orca or any other accessibility tool. I have my personal
login configured to start orca after I log in. So I have to log in w/o
sound. Which is a pain. And, in fact, the only reason I knew about the login
problem was because a sighted person told me. I assumed I just couldn't
type.

The gnome-orca and gnome-accessibility packages are installed. But I removed
them and the problem didn't go away. I've already been working on this for
days and have tried everything I can think of already.