[ale] questions for the media gurus

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 15:52:16 EDT 2011

Help me with my understanding here.

Comskip is fed a mpeg2 file.  It then generates a txt file with diff mark-in
and mark-out points.  It is coarse but has to be fine grained.

It is based on a command line tool and so I have to look at  mplayer or
something to get accurate time points.

The that generated/tweaked file is fed to some program (nothing under Linux)
but in windows which can cut and join the original file to create a new file
(result of transcoding).

Is the file generated by comskip honoured by a lot of commercial software
aka the ulead video studio ?

Are there other tools that can do pure command line to generate the
transcoded file under Windoze or Linux ?

-Narahari