[ale] Red Hat upgrades?

K Phillips kbphillips80 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 00:53:33 EDT 2011

The only safe route for such an upgrade is a clean install. Jumping from rhel5 to rhel6 is like going from fedora7 to 12 in one step. Although it's theoretically possible to go from 5.6 to 6.0, it's a messy and dangerous process at best (I've tried it, the results weren't good).

Even worse if you try to go from rhel4 to rhel6 - that's 7+ years of technology changes between them.

Kaerka