[ale] Home NAS

Asher Vilensky ashervilensky at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 12:18:18 EST 2011

Hi folks,

I'm shopping for a home storage solution and thought to gather info from the
experience of users.  Here are my requirements:

   - Need to support Mac, Windows (Samba ok), and Linux filesystems.  Yup,
   all three.
   - Need to be quite (we live in a small house...can't use a noisy
   machine).
   - Should have wireless accessibility so that wireless computers can push
   data onto the device.
   - Backup:  Either have backup capabilities or have something that can
   push data onto  an internet based backup. The net backup is almost preferred
   as it backs up the device itself.

Comments will be welcome.

Thanks.

-- Asher