[ale] GTK error

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Jan 28 06:34:06 EST 2011

so I got my new Samsung CLP-315W printer yesterday, nice! downloaded &
installed the unified driver, got the printer all setup on the network &
wireless, then installed the smartpanel software that I also downloaded.
when I run it from a terminal window I get this:

(process:17910): Gtk-WARNING **: This process is currently running
setuid or setgid.
This is not a supported use of GTK+. You must create a helper
program instead. For further details, see:

     http://www.gtk.org/setuid.html

Refusing to initialize GTK+.

it shows me the window with the printer ink colors, and 3 buttons on the
right, troubleshooting, buy bow & printer settings.
and it says sleeping...

when you click troubleshooting it also starts iceweasel, even though my
default browser is Chrome. ANYWAY, whats wrong with GTK ??

--
Paul Cartwright