[ale] POST from HTML email

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jan 26 21:14:10 EST 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 20:59 -0500, Mike Harrison wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Chris Fowler wrote:

> For very D@!!* good reasons, Evolution (thankfully) does not enable such
> insanity. It's why I use it for business e-mail (I use PINE for personal
> stuff).
>
> Put a form on your website. Give them a link to it in your e-mail.

This is for a trouble ticket reporting system.  I want them to be able
to click a button on the email and assign the ticket as well as view the
ticket details on the web page.

I'm going to modify the web interface to support a get for assigning and
then I will use an image of a button in the HTML email to fake the
submit.

The user will need a valid cookie for all this to work.  Without a
cookie they will be presented with the login page.

Chris