[ale] Wanted presentation topics?

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Tue Jan 25 06:43:20 EST 2011

On 01/24/2011 07:01 PM, David Tomaschik wrote:

> I do sign messages, but I don't have my client configured to sign all.
> I save message signing for the significant messages.  I use Thunderbird
> + Enigmail for e-mail signing.

I have thunderbird 3.1.7 + enigmail also. I thought I have it all setup,
but when I click on the openpgp button & click sign message, when I go
to send I get an error:
Send operation aborted.

Error - bad passphrase

gpg command line and output:
/usr/bin/gpg
can't connect to `/tmp/seahorse-g2HMQD/S.gpg-agent': Connection refused
gpg: can't connect to `/tmp/seahorse-g2HMQD/S.gpg-agent': connect failed
gpg: can't query passphrase in batch mode
gpg: Invalid passphrase; please try again ...
gpg: can't query passphrase in batch mode
gpg: Invalid passphrase; please try again ...
gpg: can't query passphrase in batch mode
gpg: skipped "0xCCFBD33F": bad passphrase
gpg: [stdin]: clearsign failed: bad passphrase

so I uncheck sign message & select PGP-MIME

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800