[ale] ICMP error creating tunnel, was-Re: Domain Registrar

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sun Jan 23 14:46:26 EST 2011

On Sun, 2011-01-23 at 14:26 -0500, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> HAVE I SAID LATELY THAT NAT BLOWS GOATS?????

Yes, indeed you have.

I think so has everyone that has attempted to manage a network without
enough publicly routed address space.

While I was only just discovering what the Internet was back when NAT
was created for IPv4, I don't think that there has been a moment since I
learned of its existence where I was at all pleased with the concept.  I
think as far as things go, honestly they should have somehow or another
extended the concept of what an IP address was to include some sort of
"subaddress".  That would have been more useful than NAT, I think, even
though it would have required more work at the network stack level...

Oh, well, I suppose that's a moot point these days.  :-P

	--- Mike