[ale] GoDaddy – Re: Domain Registrar

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Jan 23 06:25:37 EST 2011

On 01/22/2011 08:52 PM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:

> At this point, I am ready to leave and transfer all my stuff from
> GoDaddy to another registrar (looks like gkg.net and gandi.net are my
> two choices, though there could be more that I am unaware of: I'd be
> interested in anyone who is at a registrar other than those two that
> support .us IPv6 glue as well as the others like .com,

just found this:
http://arstechnica.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1128434
about 3/4 of the way down the page:
CannotResolveSymbol wrote:
bombcar wrote:
I always make it a rule of thumb to not combine hosting and registration
and DNS if I can at all help it.

What registrar do you use, then?

I use Godaddy for some of the "cheap" domains but my main domains are
with 000domains. No real reason, and GoDaddy does provide IPv6 glue.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800