[ale] Defective MoBo?

Tom Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sat Jan 22 08:11:51 EST 2011

Mike

I will respond at the top to the question at the bottom.

Many (most?) companies are in business to earn money (you already knew
that!). Selling stuff gets money. Supporting stuff costs money. As an
oversimplification, if they keep the money they win. If what they do
encourages you to go away, they keep the money.

Support is a cost center, but not a profit center.

But again, you already knew all of that.

With everybody already lawyered up, about the only offense the consumer
has left would be, as pointed out already, the Better Business people and
publicity of the slashdot and TV type.

IMHO, of course