[ale] Domain Registrar

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Fri Jan 21 23:58:44 EST 2011

On 01/21/2011 11:21 PM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 22:41 -0500, David Tomaschik wrote:
>> I'm considering moving my domain to a new domain registrar.  Currently
>> I'm with an eNom reseller paying ~$10/yr for .com.  However, being an
>> eNom reseller, they don't support IPv6 nameserver glue (only thing
>> stopping me from getting my sage certification at HE) and they don't
>> support DNSSEC.
>>
>> I'm looking for a new registrar in the same kind of price range (i.e.,
>> preferably not netsol) that supports IPv6 glue, DNSSEC, doesn't
>> require
>> extra payments for domain locking (yes, I've seen registrars charge as
>> much as $10/yr just to switch on domain locking).  Good customer
>> service
>> always a plus.
> I use GoDaddy.  They support glue for .com, but not yet for .us (not
> sure why; I actually need to email them about that and see what's up
> with that).
>
> The thing stopping me from the Guru level cert is answering DNS on IPv6.
> I will be fixing that most likely this weekend.  That depends on
> precisely when I finish the code for the project I am working on at the
> moment, however.
>
> 	--- Mike

I know a few years back, a lot of people had complaints about GoDaddy.
Apparently they made it a massive pain to ever try to transfer to
another registrar, had fairly poor support, etc.  Does anyone know if
that is still the case, or are they more than the "ultra discount"
registrar they seem to be?

David